Update your CV and cover letter
- Go through your CV step by step with the help of our checklist.
- Read our tailored CV tips for different work positions.
- Työkirja is a job-search and career guide for technology professionals. In the guide, you will find tips on how to make a CV and cover letter, how to succeed in a job interview and other tips for your job search.
- Optimise your LinkedIn profile and get the most out of your online presence.
Find the best job search channels
- Get to know the most common job search channels in Finland.
- Looking for a job abroad? TEK offers our members access to the GoinGlobal portal, which contains information on working and applying for jobs abroad.
- Join TEK's own LinkedIn group TEKrekry, which is a networking and job posting platform for TEK members, employers, and recruiters. In TEKrekry you can discover open vacancies and participate in professional networking with almost 10 000 members!
Build and improve your skills and competencies
- You can build, expand, and strengthen new competencies, for example, while working, studying or during periods of unemployment. Read more about different alternatives.
- Also check out our events and courses organized in English.
Consider the option of setting up your own business
- TEK offers services for entrepreneurs for those who wish to set up their own business or a side business.
The right salary request
- Check your salary request with the Salary Surveyor tool. The Salary Surveyor is a database tool, that allows you to check the salary levels for different positions in your field.
- Also check out our salary statistics and further information on salaries.
- Read TEK's best tips for negotiating your salary.
When you are offered a job, make sure to review your employment contract with our lawyers.
"I was asking about how to search for companies in Finland to switch jobs. I was guided by TEK career coach and she was helping me a lot in making my CV and cover letter to target Finnish companies."
- Member feedback