Marjut Kinnari went rock climbing in Lofoten in summer 2022. The specific type of climbing pictured is multi-pitch trad climbing, where the climber ascends a route with more than one pitch, relying on anchors they build themselves.
TEK’s mentoring program 2022–23
- TEK's mentoring program began in October 2022 and ended in April 2023. This was the third mentoring program organized by TEK. TEK started providing mentoring to meet its members’ wishes.
- The program involved 53 mentor-actor pairs. The actors had graduated 0–10 years ago. The mentors had longer careers, but previous mentoring experience was not required.
- The mentoring program consisted of three joint group sessions: a start-up session, inspiration session and closing session. There was also a sparring event for mentors. In addition to the joint sessions, it was recommended that each pair meet once a month. The pairs could freely decide what their meetings would be about; the virtual platform of the program contained material to support mentoring.
- The program received positive feedback from the participants regarding its duration (six months) and support materials, as well as the pairings, i.e., that the actor and mentor were a good match.
- These are some of the goals that the participants set for themselves in this particular program:
- Actors: clarifying professional identity, stronger self-esteem, planning for the future, developing as a supervisor and leader, finding a new job, becoming familiar with a new industry
- Mentors: insight into supervision and leadership, learning from the actor's perspectives and experiences and applying these ideas at work, supporting the actor at various points in their career, building professional confidence and motivation in the actor
New program set to be launched in October 2023
- TEK's next mentoring program is set to begin in October 2023. Applications will open this summer. Follow TEK’s communication: member newsletters, social media and the website.
- The six-month program will be organized virtually, meaning that you can take part no matter where in Finland or in the world you live.
- You can apply to become an actor if you have graduated 0–10 years ago.
- This will be our first mentoring program to which English-speaking actors may also apply.
Information provided by TEK's Career Coach Maisa Holm.