Update and maintain your professional skills
TEK firmly believes that learning new skills throughout your career is both a benefit for our members and for the technology market. Below we've compiled a list of sources to help you find the most suitable courses to improve your skills.
Online training is available from universities and training companies in Finland and abroad:
- FITech offers university courses free of charge for degree students and adult learners.
- Massive open online courses (MOOC) can help you learn about work-related topics e.g. digital skills, AI, future of work.
- University of the Future offers short courses on product development for professionals in the field of technology. In these courses, you're teamed up with fellow professionals and guided by Aalto University teachers to solve real-life problems provided by companies.
- Aalto University Public Lecture Series
- Class Central
- Aalto open university course list
- Etäopiskelu (Remote studies, in Finnish)
- Future Learn offers a diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world.
- Open university
- Free code camp
InfoFinland has gathered a list of apps, websites and courses where you can learn Finnish.
Events and networking
Keep up-to-date with the current trends in work life through TEK's events and courses in English or recordings of TEK's past events (login required).
Build your professional career through TEK's Young professionals’ forum. Young professionals' forum is a coaching programme for enhancing your management and interaction skills as well as your professional branding. Intended for those that have graduated within previous 5 years or who are under 35 years of age.
TEK Lounge is a space for TEK members for remote work, events and networking in Tampere and Lappeenranta.
Update your skills during unemployment
In the event you may find yourself unemployed, you may have the opportunity to take training through the TE Services.