Membership services and benefits
Membership benefits are available for both full members and student members, unless otherwise mentioned.
OUR BEST services to help YOU during COVID-19
- HuoliLinja - A mental health supportline by Heltti. HuoliLinja will provide support for you especially in the challenging and changing situations at work. The service is available to all TEK members.
- Information on COVID-19 - A list of sources where you can find realiable information on the impact of COVID-19 for example on employment.
- Webinar on COVID-19 and its impact on work - What are the circumstances in technology companies? What every employee should know about layoffs and co-operation negotiations?
- The Salary Surveyor - The Salary Surveyor is a database tool, that allows you to check the salary levels for different positions in your field. The information is based on the annual labour market survey carried out by TEK.
Personal salary counselling - For personal advice on salaries in Finland and abroad, please contact us by e-mail palkat(ät)tek.fi or phone (09) 229 121.
- Starter salary recommendations - Based on TEK's annual student survey, you are able to check our salary recommendations for internships, thesis works and first jobs.
- Employment relationship counselling - Our lawyers offer our members personal help with working life-related legal matters. Advice is available for topics such as employment disputes and preparing employment contracts.
- Legal databank (in Finnish) - Work-related legal information online.
- eLakimies legal information service (in Finnish) - The interactive online service offers answers to the most common questions concerning employment.
- Advice on family and inheritance law from our lawyers.
- Työkirja is the best help for students and professionals for job hunting and career planning in Finland. In the Työkirja Facebook group you can find the best jobs for students.
- Tools and information for job seekers - For example, CV advice, GoinGlobal service to support those planning to move abroad, the Haastis app to help you practice for your job interviews
- Personal career coaching - Personal* coaching for when you are looking for work or want to plan your career and its direction.
- TEKrekry’s LinkedIn group - Job openings, networking and career discussion.
* Personal coaching is available for full members and students close to graduation.
INSURANCEs for your career
- Unemployment Insurance - If you become unemployed, and you have paid your unemployment fund membership fee, you may be eligible for unemployment support.
- Liability and Legal Aid Insurance is included in TEK's membership fee and covers legal expenses in employment-related disputes, as well as personal, material and property damage occurred during work. Applies for employees, sole proprietors and students.
PROMOTION OF MEMBERS’ INTERESTS
- Employee representatives - The employee representatives at your work place selected by your personnel group. They represent you and all Akava members in matters related to employment and help with the interpretation of collective labour agreements.
- Omaluottamusmies.fi online service (mostly in Finnish) - Working life information service for people with a higher education degree. The service covers topics such as employment contracts and salaries.
- Terms of employment - In addition to a personal employment contract, the general terms of employment and pay rises are negotiated between employer and employee unions. TEK participates in the collective labour agreement negotiations as a part of the Akava-based negotiation organisation YTN and JUKO.
- Education and labour policy - TEK lobbies to affect education and labour policy in order to create competitiveness for Finland through expertise.
- Technology policy - TEK strives to ensure a favourable industrial policy for technology professionals and enterprises.
PUBLICATIONS AND MAGAZINES
- Electronic newsletter for members - useful news by e-mail once a month.
- Professional magazines (in Finnish) - As a full member, you will receive two Alma Talent magazines of your choice. Student members receive the magazines Tekniikka&Talous and Talouselämä as digital publications.
- TEK magazine (in Finnish) - 5 issues/year, content covers technology, work and the engineering student spirit.
- TEK online magazine - news and background information between printed magazines.
- Books published by Alma Talent - can be purchased at a 30% discount.
EVENTS AND NETWORKING
- Career evenings - Events (mostly in Finnish) are for TEK's full members covering themes such as careers, job hunting, occupational well-being and work-life balance. Some of the career evenings are streamed and recorded, so you can watch them online.
- Young professionals’ forum - Coaching for enhancing your management and interaction skills as well as your professional brand. Intended for those that have graduated less than 5 years ago or are under 35 years old.
- Family science day - The best way to become interested in science is to try some yourself! Science activity points allow children to try out technological applications.
- FITech offers university courses free of charge for degree students and adult learners. Whether you are already working or still in the middle of your studies, FITech study offering has something for everyone! You can choose courses from all technical universities in Finland.
- Regional organisations and clubs offer opportunities for networking and leisure activities in great company (information in Finnish).
- TEK Lounge - Space for TEK members for remote work, events and networking in Tampere and Lappeenranta.
- TEK Entrepreneurs’ Club functions as a connection hub for entrepreneurs and members with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Personal legal advice on entrepreneurship-related matters.
- Webinars for entrepreneurs - Arranged jointly by TEK, the Finnish Business School Graduates and Fondia (mostly in Finnish).
- Virtual Lawyer - Fondia’s online service provides entrepreneurs with information on legal matters to support their business.
- The extensive service package of the Federation of Finnish Enterprises - Entrepreneur members of TEK can obtain the extensive service package of the Federation of Finnish Enterprises at the price of EUR 95 per year.
- UKKO.fi - Invoicing service for TEK members at a 20% discount. You will get the discount after informing UKKO.fi's customer service about your TEK membership.
- UKKO Pro is the solution for small business owners, who want to make entrepreneurship as easy and simple as possible! As a TEK member, you are entitled to a 10 % discount from the monthly fee.
- Holvi all-in-one business account - as a member of TEK, you now get the Holvi Grower plan with no monthly fee for the first 3 months when you open an account. When you open an account, provide a discount code that is available at TEK's member portal (requires logging in).
- Unemployment security for entrepreneurs - Membership in an unemployment fund is the only way to influence the amount of unemployment benefit.
- Banking benefits - Danske Bank offers TEK members benefits on housing loans (lower margins, instalment-free periods without fees, stepped payment programme, more affordable daily banking services and no delivery or handling fees) and Etulaina loan without an opening fee.
- Banking services for recent graduates - Danske Bank offers recently graduated TEK members (a maximum of two years after graduation) a package of benefits and services that may be worth as much as EUR 700 per year.
- Fund investments without subscription and redemption fees at Evli Bank.
Insurance discounts - Pohjola Insurance offers a continuous 20% discount for travel insurance and a 5% discount for baggage insurance. The life insurance offered by If to TEK members is one of the most affordable in Finland.
- Member+ member benefit portal - A joint portal for all Akava unions offering discounts for services related to, for example, travel, hobbies, cars and well-being.
- A-lomat holiday service (in Member+ portal) - Supported family and well-being holidays, hostel benefits and affordable rental cabins around Finland through the A-lomat service.
UKKO.fi - Invoicing service for TEK members at a 20% discount.
- Engineer’s Ring - In order to acquire the Engineer’s Ring, you need a ring certificate from TEK. Members receive a discount of EUR 50.
- Psychologist’s services online, -10% from Therapion
The partner services included in TEK's membership benefits and the benefits provided by the partners are subject to the the service provider's terms of service and data protection.